Saturday, August 20, 2005

How Wyz got forked!

A year ago I introduced my best male friend to my best female friend (you may remember my story from May when he proposed to her in front of 30-50 bikers at a riding club event?)

Bee and Bryan just got home from 8 weeks of holidaying around the continent culminating in a mad dash from Sturgis to get here in time for our bro?s funeral (actually she flew from Rapid City to Kelowna a week ago to assist an ailing friend and he rode like snot to get home in time...but I digress)

So I go up there to Naniamo yesterday to prepare for the funeral and wake...Bee n Bryan say they've brought me a surprise from Rapid City...

They present me with a helmet sticker that says "if I have to understand don't bother to explain it"

I say "thank you very much for thinking of me on your holiday"...

Then they say they have something else for me...
And they give me a helmet sticker that says "When I woke up this morning I had one nerve left and You're getting on it"

I say again, "thank you very much for thinking of me on your holiday"...

They then say they have something else for me...And they give me another helmet sticker that says "I'm not a bitch...I've just been in a bad mood for the last couple of years!"

I laugh again and again I say... "once again, thank you so much for thinking of me on your holiday"...

They tell me once more that they have something else for me...and they give me a Sturgis T-shirt?"

Way Cool !" says I, "I can't believe you guys took the time to like shop for me while you were on the holiday of a lifetime...thanks."

Bryan gets this funny grin on his face and disappears into the bedroom. He reappears and places on the table in front of me a new fender for my Pickle!

I am flabbergasted. (I haven't had a front fender on my trike for 2 years and I live in the bloody rain forest!)
I don't know what to say...can you imagine 2 people going on the triking trip of a lifetime and hauling a freakin fender alla way back for a friend?

I jump up and give them both a hug.

We sit back down and I am examining said fender and I proclaim "look at all the shiny chrome bolts...me likes shiny". (the Pickle is currently a rust bucket) To which Bryan answers"oh...I have other bolts to go with that...come 'eer"

He grabs me by the hand an waltzes me across the living room to the front hall where he pulls a jacket off a shiny new set of springer forks and leans over and points at the big bolts in the bottom "see? " he says, "more shiny bolts for Wyz"

I look at him and then I turn and look at her...and they are both grinning like Cheshire cats....so I did what any other red blooded biker would do...I burst into tears!

Bryan then goes on to tell me that they bought them for me because they want me to be safe and that my old forks are soo distressed that he's worried I'm gonna end up killing myself and he adds that if it wasn't for me he'd have never found the love of his life....so it's important to both of them that I'm safe.

To which I answer with a little hysterical sobbing and completely obliterate the part where he tells me that there's also handle bars, grips and cables coming directly from the shop that originally built my trike some 30 years ago! I gotta tell ya...I was a bloody write off.

A large bald mass of sniveling pulp...with red eyes.

So now we're gonna have a forkin' party...and I'm gonna get forked...!

whoooooooo hooooooooo!

No comments: