Sunday, December 11, 2005

Who do you trust?

on one of the forums I belong to
someone recently asked the question
"who do you trust?"
and it kinda got me to thinkin

the answers were myriad
besides a bunch of the obligatory
"In god we trust" responses
one guy said he trusts his cats
and one woman said she trusts her hubby
to always do the wrong thing

makes me wonder

who do I trust?

in the old days my response would have been
I trust in mother earth
or
I trust in father moon
or my mommy
or my daddy
I don't have the kind of relationship with my family that would foster
unerring trust
I don't have a partner
and now the dog's deaf and almost blind
so
who do I trust?

mostly I trust me...
I trust myself to operate within my own vision of integrity
I trust myself to "own" my decisions
good bad or indifferent

No comments: