Saturday, January 20, 2007

Be careful what you wish for....

for 3 years I fought
to get well enough
to get outta my old job
and find a new one

and for 3 years
while the job was hell
and the stress of the job
like to kill me

I worked like a feind
and I made friends

and I spent all my waking time
and most of my sleep time
dreaming of a day
when I got outta hell
and back to the real world

yesterday I was to meet with my new boss
for a "work plan review"
which is a nice way of saying
"you write down everything you do for me
so I don't have to think about it
and then I can take it to my boss
and show him this report"
but I digress

anyway
I write down all the stuff I do on the new job
and it occurs to me that I am getting paid
a rather large amount of money
to do the job of a junior receptionist
aka professional stamp licker

so I print off what I have written
about the new job
that I'll call job (B)
the reality of the job I'm actually doing now

and I come home and fire up the old email
and search out and find
the job description that enticed me to
apply for this job

I'll call it job (A)
the job I'd suggested
that they needed a "wizardess" to fill
the job that I thought
would be my dream job
and would take me to new heights...

and once I find it
I print it off too

and I compare the two jobs
and low and behold
there's not one thing on the job (B) list
that was listed on job (A)list

so in fact
in truth
I am
a glorified stamp licker

fuck eh?

No comments: