Friday, April 30, 2010

peepers

so over the last 2 mths...since I saw the laser eye surgeon, I've called that office 4 times to check on the status of the letter they were sending to Medical Services Plan to get approval for funding for surgery

and each time I call I’m told (by a woman that works there that used to work with me at the call center) that it’s gone in and they are awaiting a decision from MSP

yesterday my eyes were pretty bad – and I had to work anyway cos my collegue was off and the boss was away…mostly it was the headache so I sat in the office with the lights off and the door closed most of the day J

anyhoo…the pain in my head made me call the laser surgeon’s office again…and I’m assured once again…”we’re waiting on MSP” by the same woman

about 20 min later the phone rings and it’s another woman from the same clinic advising me that the Dr has just realized that they never sent in the letter and so it will go out tomorrow…

I'm pissed - but it's mostly cos I'm frustrated beyond words.

2 comments:

Wade said...

Well, at least they had the integrity to call you to let you know. They could have just as easily mailed in the letter to MSP and blamed the delay on them, you'd have likely never been the wiser. Sorry about the delay, nonetheless.

Anonymous said...

Good for you for being your own patient advocate. Sometimes we just have to be on "their" asses to make sure things get done. I sometimes think that it comes down to "oh it wont matter". Yeah right! NOT