Wednesday, May 12, 2010

does this bike make my butt look big?

today I had to do some running around
on behalf of my unit

whilst driving thru the View Royal area
of the thriving metropolis of Victoria
I happened to be stopped at the lights
at Admirals and Craigflower
waiting to turn left onto Old Island Highway..

a woman comes screaming down the hill
on Old Island Highway

trying to beat the light

she's on one of them 49cc scooters
the ones that don't go very fast
(so screaming down
is a relative term)
and are tiny
(and in my opinion should have to use
the bicycle lanes)

as she rounds the corner
heading away from me
on Admirals
I have a moment
to think

"honey...that's not exactly
a becoming look for you"









and as if that wasn't enough

on my way to the dr's
later this aft

I spot a fellow
sitting at the lights at the 6 Mile

on a scooter

just a tiny bit bigger
wearing a full riding ensemble
helmet
gloves
black leather studded jacket
chaps
motorcycle boots

all I could do was laugh...

it reminded me of a time
when I lived in Minneapolis
that a group of 8 of us
"motorcycle enthusiasts"
pulled to an intersection
beside the largest human being
I have ever seen
fully swathed in a
silver lame
riding suit
a la Elvis...
complete with 3 gold stars
across his back
and a yellow silk scarf
wearing a matching
full faced helmet

riding a moped

we laughed so hard
I had to get off
and park it for a while

so as of this afternoon
I've had the following quote
running thru my head non stop:
"does this bike
make my butt
look big?"

careful now
don't hurt yerself on that.

No comments: