Thursday, November 10, 2005

Perspective

Funny how shit happens to put your life in perspective

yesterday, my mother, whom you may remember suffers from white coat syndrome and hasn't been to a D in virtually 30 years - got the results of a passle of tests that her new Dr has run - she has to see a vascular surgeon as one of the main arteries in her neck (the one that feeds the brain on the left side of her neck) is 80% blocked...and that's what caused her eye to "black out" 2 weeks ago....

I know that they can do wonders with shunts in this arena...but she says she isn't going to the appointment with the surgeon and has forbidden me to inform my brother and sister of the situation.

I am gonna end up pissin her off and telling them...and I am gonna get her to the surgeon if I have to throw her over my shoulder to do it...the appt is on the 9th...which to me is an indication of just how urgent the Dr thinks this situation is.

the whole thing certainly puts my angst about my job in proper perspective.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all -- the apathy of human beings. - Helen Keller

No comments: