Friday, October 13, 2006

Lucky Friday...

was it lucky?
I don't know yet

my fellow Pagans believe
it to be a powerful day
and bikers have been blessed
with a Friday the 13th
party of monumental scale
in this country
for years....

so...

I had a job interview today
it was kinda hard
since I lost the resume
I'd been tooling for years

ya know what my problem is?

I think it's that I have a real discomfort
asking people to be my reference/for help

it's kinda like I think
that my work stands for itself
so I shouldn't have to ask
or tell them
people should just know

how arrogant is that eh?

or maybe I have a secret fear
that no one will say anything nice
so I'm scared to ask

I R an idiot sometimes

I've often been told that whenever
I'm asked that 'awful' question
"what do you feel is your worst attribute?"
I should answer,
"my tendency to undersell myself"
but that freaks me out too!

so I had the interview at 9 this morning
it was for an up and coming industrial company
that has grown so fast
they can't even keep up with the pencils
let alone the computers and offices

I think the interview went well
these 2 women spent all their time
trying to scare me outta taking the job
but I don't scare so easy

they''re big problem is
that as much as they need someone like me
to "jack of all administrative trades" them...

they don't wanna pay for someone like me

I told them I wasn't leaving where I am
for less than $$.00 an hour and full benefits
and that I wanted a 3 mth review
with the possibility of 10 to 13% raise at that point

cos by then they'd know
just how indispensable I am :o)

but I am well aware
of the wage disparity on this Island
I am oooh so familiar with the
concept that they pay us less here
for the profound pleasure of
living in Canada's Garden of Eden...
altho who's idea that was I'll never know
I'd surely make 25.00 to 45.00 an hour
across the country
for the same level of management

while I hate having to lay it out like that...
it's been made painfully obvious to me
that I'm never gonna make more money
at "the company who shall remain nameless"
and I've been there 3 freakin years!!
(under a normal circumstance
a girl likes to be kissed
when that's happening!)

besides I would sincerely like
to make more money than I am now
I don't need to make a million

So - is Friday the 13th to be my lucky day?
but a couple more bucks wouldn't suck

No comments: