Sunday, October 08, 2006

A Thanksgiving moment -


I'm having a Thanksgiving moment...

my family is doing Thanksgiving today
as I have to work tomorrow
nice of them...but
(there's always a but eh?)

I am truly happy that my mother (aka the Voice of Doom)
has made it thru the full year since she found out she had health issues
intact
but I swear to god
if I don't get some bloody separation from this woman
I may kill her myself!

we are to attend my cousin's house at 1 pm for family festivities
it takes her a minimum of 2 hours
to get her little old lady on
so why the hell is she actin like she's nothing to do today?
cos my brother
the golden boy
and his children will be here sometime today
so
she's all in a fuckin flutter
making sure that her house is perfect
cos he's coming
and he ain't even gonna stay at her house
they are stayin at the cousin's
cos there's more room

WTF?
I ask her when we will be leaving
and she says "we'll play it by ear"
which means
everyone else will be there at 1
and we'll roll in some time around 4
and in the interim I should be ready willing and able to leave at a moments notice
in case she changes her fucking mind

and then I'll have the profound pleasure
of watching them all get drunk as sot's
before pouring her into the car
to bring her home

WTF?
there are times when this business of being the eldest
carries some huge suckage.

Happy Fucking Thanksgiving

No comments: