Sunday, March 23, 2008

Change...

some people
relish change

me

not so much

once upon a time I had a man best friend
and a woman best friend
I introduced them to each other
and they "twinkled"

about a year later they married
and have been living happily ever after
about an hour up the road from me

I was afraid at first
(cos ya gotta know
it's allllll about me)
that something would happen
and they would end up breaking up
and then where would I be?

but I've watched them carefully
both up close and personal
and from afar
and I am happy to report
that they are just fine!


happily ever after they are....

fast forward to last night...

I attended
a "going away" party
for these two who are
two of my closest
dearest
friends

everyone had nice things to say
and we all wept

tears of joy for new beginnings for them
tears of loss and sorrow for the new distance
that will be between us

fully recognizing that the kind of friendships we've built
won't disappear with a 4-5 hour drive

me?
I'm soo happy for what they have
and sad for what I feel like I'm losing
that I can't stop laughing and crying

so here's what I want them both to know....
you can move
but you can't get rid of me that easy!

I love you both so very much

4 comments:

Bee Wise said...

Thank you my friend . . . always . . . . thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Nice :0)

Louie said...

wwaaaaahhhh

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww