Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Do not mistake my quiet
or lack of response
for acquiescence

Do not mistake my sadness
for weakness
or lack of knowing myself.

You read my posts
with your eyes
and your heart

You see my words
As they mirror you

You hear
in my story
Your story

There is sameness
But we are not the same

My immediate response
Is one of anger

But I know that is because
You’ve hurt me

I find it hard to reconcile hurt
It always brings me to anger
And my anger often becomes violence

Many times I have told you
That I am not ready
That I can not yet do
what you have done

Many times you’ve offered
And many times I’ve said no

And still you persist

Your dream
Is not my dream

In the end
All you’ve done is hurt me...

In the light of day
I know you didn’t mean to

But you did.


And now I must find a way
to deal with the elephant
in the room

Please stop.

No comments: