Thursday, June 05, 2008

I have a question.....

here's a thing
I don't get

I currently know
7 people
that are publishing
or have published
books

not one of them
write under
their own name

every one of them
uses a pseudonym

why?

I don't get it ....

why not write
under your own name?

is it cos yer afraid the neighbours
might find out?
is it cos you don't think yer own
name is "romantic" enough?
or cos yer afraid of the
paparazzi?
or is it that you've done something
in your past that you are ashamed of?
are you in witness protection?
hiding from the bank?
an ex husband?

some of these people
are already operating under nicknames
(I am too...but everyone knows
my name is Karen Brown - it says so
on my birth certificate)

seriously....
why not use yer own name?


color me
puzzled

2 comments:

That Girl Tam said...

That's a good question...although the few people that I know that are published have used their own names...

Hell...if you decide to write some shit and don't want folks to know it's YOU, don't publish. DUH!

Anonymous said...

you mean you want me to try and write a serious book with a last name that no one can pronounce????

LD