Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What if...

I seem to spend
a great deal of my life
trying....


working
so very hard
to remain
positive....

but sometimes
life just beats ya down
with it's
sheer
lack o fairness
it truly
makes ya wonder

I wonder
'what if?'

I wonder often
what if
my Michael
hadn't died?

where would my life be now?
what would it look like?
would we be married?
would I have children?
would there be a little house?
would I still have the bar?

would I be this lonely?
would I still feel like the
other half of my soul
was missing?

what if?

1 comment:

Louie said...

Ah Sweetie,you can make yourself crazy with the what ifs. At the time you got through a huge loss and made some decisions that were heartwrenching to say the least. You're here today, I'm glad to know and love you. I like the person you've become. Which you wouldn't be if you didn't have your experiences, good and bad. Life just keeps on giving, we all know that. It's our experiences that mold our personalities, and give us the wherewithall to get it done.