Friday, August 22, 2008

alrighty then...

I've mentioned more times than I can count
the frustration I bear
over being a member of 3 siblings
2 of whom can't seem to step up
where their mother is concerned

I've also mentioned
that we almost lost my mother
to passive suicide
3 weeks ago

today she announces that
my bother has decided
to move his 17 yr old son
in with Grandma
while he goes to University

?????

said 17 yr old son
while a wonderful kid
and I love him to death
is spoiled on levels
I can't even begin to describe

and
she's not going to let him
pay part of the rent
or the food

I'm like
"what"?
"are you outta yer fucking mind?"

I think I feel a move to Guam
in my not too distant future.

so the bother
didn't get it together in time
to get his boy into housing for U

and as a matter of convenience
they'll move the kid in with the woman
that can't walk next door for groceries
but can make it the block to the liquor store
no problem....

or
can't make it to the bank on her own
or can't cook in her own home
or has no room in her home
cos she's like the old crazy lady
all her cupboards and closets
fulla stuff she can't make herself
throw away

and into this
they are moving a 6 ft 5in,
17 yr old
that sleeps till 3
eats enough to sink large battle ships
plays electric guitar
at warp factor 8
and then goes back to sleep

so I call the fadder
to vent
and I say...
"over the years
both the bother and the blister
have promised to step up to the plate
and as a result of them not doing so
I'm about 10 grand in the hole
and going stark raving mad"

and the fadder says
"I think you should keep an open mind"

????

my mind ain't closed
and neither are my eyes
dammit!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! Siblings can be so annoying (i'm being polite). Some siblings should not be allowed to procreate, if they can't look after there children or their sick parent...

Anonymous said...

I mean this with kindness, but it has probably come down to the fact that you care and they dont...
wonder what would happen if you stopped caring....

That Girl Tam said...

Interesting statement that WC just made...my aunt asked me the SAME question over the weekend in regards to BL...

I too wonder what would happen if people like us simply stopped caring...care to find out?

That Girl Tam said...

Interesting statement that WC just made...my aunt asked me the SAME question over the weekend in regards to BL...

I too wonder what would happen if people like us simply stopped caring...care to find out?

Anonymous said...

family.. you can't live with them and you just can't shoot them.. maybe.. i'm thinking.. well. okay you can shoot them... you'd get caught.. and then you'd do time.. and then you're plants would die .... and then life would cease to be as we know it.. and then..

i'll stop now..

*hugs*
LD