Monday, August 18, 2008

Chapter 76

the sound: Help – the Beatles

I began planning my “clean getaway” immediately upon leaving the hospital that evening….(again…little did I know).

My first course of action was to enlist the assistance of Boomer. Boomer the not so bright ne’r do well that had the brilliant idea of bringing me to the TriCities in the first place.

“Boomer….man….I need a ride”

“where ya goin Baby?”

“home”

“er….uhmmmm…how about a beer? Smoke a spliff…coupla lines maybe?”

“No buzzard breath…home! Canada…across the border…top o the 48…remember????” exasperation creeping in.

“Baby…I can’t take you anywhere that remotely resembles outta state”

“remotely resembles? Who the hell are you and what the fuck did ya do with Boomer the Boozehund?”

“oh Baby…I’m still yer favorite Boozehund….but Mrs. K says yer gonna be moving here for good so I’ve already made arrangements with Al n Suzie to pack up yer place”

“pack up my place? PACK UP MY PLACE? Are you outta yer muthafuckin mind man????I live in Canada! And.I.am.goin.home.now! Home to my studio…home to my hotel and home tomy fucking bar!!!!!!!!” I screamed.

“ya shoulda said something sooner Baby…it’s too late…” Boomer replied…

“What the hell do you mean…it’s too late? It’s never too late Boomer…we’re Canadian citizens…we can go home when ever the hell we want!”

“I wish it was that easy Baby….here…have a beer….”

I grabbed the beer outta his hand and then promptly threw it at him, missing him by a country mile and smashing the bottle against the door of the garage.


“I am not staying Boomer! You mark my words!”

“We’ll see” came the reply.

I slumped down the garage door and hung my head….weems that the trip home wasn’t going to be as easy as I’d first surmised….but I’d find a way…I was sure of it!.

No comments: