Thursday, October 14, 2010

Briefly....

some time ago
I found myself
in the untenable
and very sad position
of being "un-friended"
on FB by 2 people
that I considered to be
very dear and close friends

I wrote about it here
go ahead...
read it...
I'll wait...

so last night one of my friends
who is also one
of that trouble maker's friends
that I referred to in the post
knee jerk reactions
and I had a conversation
on FB about a TV show

this morning
that very trouble maker
whom,
I might add
was the 2nd person
I'd legitimately
"un-friended, deleted, removed or blocked"
in 20 yrs
of being on line
stepped in
and posted a flame
designed to cause controversy
on my FB wall
he may think he's being funny
I don't know
I think what he really needs
is a little bleach in the gene pool

it occurs to me this evening
that while I told
the 2 friends
that originally assumed
the post about flamers
was about them
who the trouble maker was
I'd not told anyone else

so the very fact that a person
that I'd deleted
would come to my wall
and flame me
would suggest to me
that those 2 original friends
had been talking about me
instead of to me

I've spent most of my life
working at finding
and believing in
the best of people

for years and years
close friends have
suggested that I was too
easy &
accepting
of people online

I always thought
I was looking for the good
so I wouldn't cut them off

and so when those people told me
that someone was attempting
to build a fiefdom
at my expense
I denied it
refuted it
argued against it

now I pause briefly
to wonder

the operating word
being
briefly

No comments: