Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I need a camera

sometimes you just really need to get a picture….

Last night I posted on my Facebook
that I felt that I was in need of
some adult supervision

cos I'd just burnt supper twice
I was attempting to fry some eggs
and both times burnt them...
it's a damn good thing they come
in packages of 12 no?

so here's the rest of the story....

when I got home from worklast night
I discovered that Mz Pix,
who is locked in the kitchen
all day while I'm away,
had somehow,
once again
pushed the garbage can
off of the little
rubber maid step stool
that it sits on
onto the floor
…and spread garbage everywhere.


I climbed over the gate
and pulled on the rubber gloves
and started scraping things back
into the can…
which lay on its side on the floor,
all the while
having this full blown
discourse with the dog
about how she knows better
and she’s smarter than that,
and was she playing
or trying to get my attention

…ending with “if the Fadder
could hear me now
he’d figure
I was off my rocker
because he says all women
talk to their dogs
like they do kids
and that makes us all nuts
in his books….”

so....the phone rang in the living room
I jumped the gate
and answered it…
when I was done I went back into the kitchen,
opening the gate this time…
grabbed the can
snapped the lid back on
and put it back on the stool.

5 min later
I burnt the first set of eggs
I spoke about last night.

I decided to sit at my desk
and check my email…
and in doing so I hear
a little squeak…
but I can’t find the dog

I check the bedroom,
the bathroom,
the closet,
under the comforter on the couch…
even the yard…
no dog

I went back into the kitchen
to put on another set of eggs…
because I figured she was in her crate
and cowering
from the lecture she’d received
and I hear the squeak again.

You got it....
Pixie’s locked in the garbage can!

I flip open the top
and she’s very happy to see me
(what a picture that would have made)
however,
once I got her out of the garbage
she spent the rest of the evening
sitting between me and the tv
giving me the stink eye over her shoulder.

…and I burnt the eggs again

This dog
has a skull the size of a peach pit
and apparently
it holds more smarts than mine.

*sigh*

No comments: