Saturday, March 18, 2006

Here's a thing...

that occurred to me today

I was sitting at an intersection
in the old womanmobile
on my way to the grocery store
and it's a 5 way intersection
so I'm gonna be there for a while

just as my light turns green
along comes this gaggle of young women
early to middle twenties
nubile
taut
graceful
perky
just enough curves to be interesting
all laughing and full of youth and vigor

and of course...just as I start to pull out
they step out to walk across the intersection
in front of me in the oldwomanmobile

so I tap the horn
and they look at me
startled
deers in the headlights

but once they focus on me
and realize I'm a woman
they smile
secret knowing smiles of youths

and as they get to the other curb
and I get to cross the intersection
I too smile
cos I know

I know that in their youth
they believe
that they will never become me

and I in my age
know
that once upon a time
I was them...
young
nubile
taut
graceful
perky
just enough curves to be interesting
all laughing and full of youth and vigor

I too once had waist long hair
a 26 inch waist
long lithe legs
and a tight ass

but time takes care of that....
and it occurs to me
that there's no stopping it...


but it's ok
because...

I have become
me

No comments: