Saturday, March 25, 2006

Today I am humbled

I think that you may know that I've had some issues with my trike over the winter...

I blew the motor in Sept, then had a wiring fire and the 30 year old wiring burnt to a friggin crisp - I was to have a new front end put on it (that was a gift from friends last summer - forks to replace my bent ones, handlebars, grips and a purple front fender) - and an acquaintance (the friend of a friend) has had the old girl in his garage since Sept -

I've been concerned as I barely know these people - and although he's a mechanic - I was worried that he would be out of his element when putting on the new parts...and besides - how the hell am I supposed to pay for all this when I've had to take so much time off since October to take care of my mom?

Then there's the shoulder....they live about 2 hours up the Island from me and I have been putting off going up to get it because of my shoulder injury...but the longer it sits up there the more guilty I feel so....

Today I called to tell the folks that have it that I am coming to get it...they said ok...and we hung up....15 minutes later the phone rings and it's the same people saying I can't come today - "oh...are you busy?" says I..."no...it's not ready"...immediately I think that there is something wrong - it's been months that they've been saying all the work is done and I've been saving so that I could pay them something for all their efforts

After some hemming and hawing she comes clean...turns out that the reason I can't pick it up is cos they are installing a new CDplayer/stereo - and besides "the new front fender isn't back from the painter" ...?

"WTF!" says I - "who ordered all that? I can't pay for that! WTF is going on?"

Seems that these people have installed my motor, refurbished my paint job, installed the new front end parts, rewired the old girl and one of them is even having my purple fender painted the same color and size green metalflake as the rest of the trike - and just because they know I'm music obsessed they are putting in a cd player for me too!

I cried....I'm sure I'm not worthy...but I sure as hell am happy!

So I call the VOD to tell her all about it - cos I'm so happy that I just want to share - and doesn't she say something mean?

I don't get it...if I'm such a nice person that people that barely know me think enough of me to help me out in this way - and my own mother can't even share in my happiness...

I don't get it.

No comments: