Friday, June 02, 2006

I don't get it

ok
I ain't a prude
and I'm not offended or put off by people living
alternate life styles

but I don't get
the need they seem have to lead with it

case in point:


one of my co-workers
announces he's getting engaged in a month
I say "Congrats - does she know yet?"
he says "he"
"oh uhhm congrats - bye"

like seriously
did I need to know that?

a woman joins my motorcycle riding club
and announces to my boss
she's living her life in the
"BDSM, lifestyle and the freedom of expressions and experiences in erotica"

I'm like: "uhhhhhm - yup - pleased to meet you"


another woman I work with
belongs to a religious group
that is often discussed openly in the media
as it has sects that are considered deviant

do I need to know your beleif patterns?

for me the problem is never the alternate lifestyle
what you do is non of my business
for me the problem is the proclivity to live your life without boundaries

to overshare
to give me too much info

I don't get it

No comments: