Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Is it time?

Is it time
to shit
or
get off
the pot?

is it time
to put
my money
where
my mouth is?

just how much shit and abuse
should people have to take
to keep their jobs?

is it realistic to think
that you can continue to foster
a culture of negativity
and expect people to stay

or
prosper?

it's all about the gimmee's
and no matter how fast you dance...
no matter how good you are...
no matter how much of your own...
you put into it...
it is never enough.

the response continues to be
there'll always be someone else
to do your measly job

can it be that
I've been monitored and picked at
for so long
that I have lost my ability
to believe in my capabilities?

can it be that I'm scared to try elsewhere?
that being good at a losing proposition
doesn't necessarily make you good at anything else?

have they undermined my confidence
in my skills and abilities and aptitudes
that I will be too scared
to stand by my word?

to laugh in their faces
and tell them
that I've been shit on
by bigger and better people
than they every have hope of being!

but that unlike them
I will go on
and be successful
elsewhere...


Is it time?