Friday, March 16, 2007

It's 11:30 at night

It's 11:30 at night
and once again
I'm too tired to sleep

I thought 8 fucking hours
of mind numbing
data entry
today
would tire me enough
to sleep till Tues

but no such luck
11:30 and I'm old
that's like 2 full hours past my bedtime dammit!

my head is fulla
shit
and it won't shut up again

did ya know that my shit talks?
actually it mutters
alla time
non stop
running commentary on every little thing

"are you gonna fall down them stairs?"
"wouldn't it be awful if you fell down them stairs and broke yer front teeth"
"if ya fell down them stairs you'd get some time off"
"who dressed you like this?"
"get offa the couch and do something!"
"naw - don't do anything...just sit and become Jabba the Hut!"
"go for a ride!"
"did you eat enough?"
"this place looks like pigs live here"
"shaddup"
"you were supposed to call for perscriptions today?"
"wonder what size of a boat it would take to get me up waterskiing"
"OMFG I'm full"
"who told you that you could lay down?"
"don't forget to call Chris and Arlene and tell them about the dog food recall"
"I thought you were going to order a bra and sneakers from Sears today"
"did your mother let you out looking like that?"
"jayzuz"
"yer psychotic"
"no - you're psychotic"
"shut up"
"no you shut up"
"I need a belt my pants are falling down"
"you wish yer fuckin pants were falling down"
"lay down"
"did you turn off the stove?"
"lay down"
"do I hear water?"
"lay down"
"yer psychotic"
"lay down dammit"
"is it rainin?"
"will it rain on Sunday?"
"when will I stop coughing?"
"lay down"
"yer psychotic"
"shaddup and lay down ya fuckin tool!"

until I get into bed and relax
and then it shrills and screeches

"did you take yer pills?"
"then why are you still awake?"

"do I smell smoke?"
"is someone in my yard?
"shut up dummy?"

"I need to buy a car"
"who's gonna fund that?"
"SHUT THE FUCK UP!"
"do I smell smoke?"
"did you take yer pills?"
"go to sleep"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

sometimes
if I get the right combination
of tired
and bored
I can get to sleep
like normal people

but most nights it's the muttering
till the shrilling and screeching
"SHUT THE FUCK UP and GO TO SLEEP!"


"does anybody else hear music?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen you freakin kill me you have some funny shit on here
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the visual, one night last week the voice in my head read every numbered invoice I had gone through for the month of March. That's when I usually wake up the significant other who is snoring away and have at least a 10 minute convo, so I am not the only one to suffer...revenge is sweet...