Sunday, July 27, 2008

People's Republic of China

another harrowing day at the hospital
the VOD has been in there since Tuesday
however she is really very much better

I had to be there at 8 AM to meet up
with the on call Dr that's been caring for her

I got down on my knees and begged
and now the Dr has accepted the VOD
as a patient
will wonders never cease?

today they tried her on nitro
it caused a major headache
it also caused all her bruises
to swell up like golf balls

so I'm looking at her thumb
and it looks like someone glued
an angry purple golfball to it

then I am brushing her hair and discover
another angry purple golf ball
on the crown of her head....

so I says to her..."how long's this been here"
she says "since Friday night"
I says "what happened Friday night?"
she says "I fell and hit my head on the coffee table"

jayzuz!
no wonder her wits have been scrambled!

they'll be doing an angiogram on her early this week
and then she should be "good to go"
just in time to go to the bother's house
so I can go on holidays....

I left there around 7:30PM
and I decided I needed supper
so I stopped at a local pub
and was having a wee arguement
with myself
over the cost of a steak
vs
going home and cooking one
as tired as I am

anyway...I'm sitting in the pub
minding my own business
and reading a book
and my phone rings
I look at the number
and it's a BC number
but one I've never seen before
so I almost don't answer it....
then I think to myself
that maybe it's someone from the hospital
so I anwer and this crackling voice says

"here, in the People's Republic of China
it is already July 28th...so....
Happy Birthday!"

it's the blister from Beijing!
she says - "have the steak dammit!
she also hasn't tried the dim sum yet
but city food is good and cheap.
Outside the city there is a real chance
of finding some sort of claw in your soup
so God Bless Ritz crackers.
It is tomorrow here

so I am trying to find out 649 numbers for you.
My assignment during these Olympics

is Opening/Closing ceremonies
and Track and Field.

Heat=stifling
Pollution=suffocating
People=great hosts

Did the Great Wall yesterday

then the Great Walmart for some beer.
Having trouble finding the communism
under all the Coca-Cola signs
but I'm sure it's here."

how cool is that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday kiddo...in the midst of all the chaos...life hands you some pleasant surprises.

Unknown said...

(Having trouble finding the communism
under all the Coca-Cola signs)

She has your sense of humour! lol

That was really great of her to phone you!

Happy Birthday!