Tuesday, July 08, 2008

What a freakin week....

and it's only Tuesday!

first off
on my way to work yesterday
my trike broke down

I stood on the side of the road
and watched people drive by me
(some that I even knew....)
for an hour
while waitin for a tow truck

got towed to a shop
called a good friend
before 8AM
and he came
and picked me up
and drove me to work

and then picked me up and
drove me back to the garage
to pick up my trike at the end of the day

not exactly a Herculean feat
but the 3 locations are diametrically
opposite to each other in a triangle
through this city
and gas is currently $152.9 a litre

so the trike cost me $95.17 to repair
not huge
but I'm on a budget ok?

there goes my plans
to purchase a new sleeping bag
for the summer holidays....

I had the day off today
and went to all of my Dr's
the good news
is that I'm in good shape
for a fat broad...

there'll be no need for the surgery
blood pressure is down
chest is still a little "reedy"

the bad news...
eyes are substantially worse
over last year
due to the type of meds
being pumped through me
for the crohn's


so I need new glasses
the only frames I can find
that fit my needs
(get this...I have special needs
in the spectacle department)
are $298.00

the progressive prescription
is another $300.00

I'll get $200.00 back from my
med plan

apparently we'll take that outta petty cash?

then I got renewals on
all 6 of my meds

so I took em to the pharmacy
the pharmacy is current
"in discussion"

with their Internet service provider

as a result

I can't use my debit card or my credit card
I have to go get cash
and then due to some cluster fuck
with my medical plan
the meds cost me exactly $648.84

I'll get all but $128.97
back from the med plan
but it takes time....

and then....
for the holidays....

I have 2 tents
a really really big one
and a really really small one

the small one won't hold a mattress
let alone me
but fits on my trike

the big one takes upwards
of half a dozen
people
to erect
and prolly sleeps 10

but I can't haul it on my trike
it's like hauling the titanic

I was going to borrow a tent from a friend
for my holiday
only she's just informed me today
that it's not usable

so I was looking at spending $70.00
and pickin up a dome tent
at "Crappy Tire"
but now with the glasses
and the scripts

not so much

oh ya
did I mention that my trike insurance
is up for renewal next week?

ya
no
if the rest of the week is like this
the holiday is off
I'll be the big bald boob
sittin on the living room floor
suckin my thumb
and playin
with my belly button lint!

2 comments:

Louie said...

Tent is here if you need it.If you cancel your trip, you can come up and visit. I'll even clean your room.

WyzWmn© said...

@ Louie

thanks sweetie
I'll keep ya posted.