Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Four Wheels move the Body...

two wheels move the soul

or so the saying goes

for me
it's 3...
wheels that is









I've often been asked
what it is
about riding
that has caused
this life long love affair
I have

it's all the known cliche's
and more..

it's the sun in my face
and the wind in my hair
(figuratively here people LoL
work with me here)

it's my church

it's the smells of the city, and the country side
it's hearing the sound of your engine and pipes
rattling off the towering buildings
or through the canyons and mountains
it's literally feeling the wave
of field after field of crops
in the prairie winds

and it's also
a phenomenal feeling
of accomplishment
as a single woman
to travel
and experience the open road
on your own

I started riding as a means
to frustrate my more than
over protective police officer father.

I continued to ride
for my soul.

For me
it's just as much religion
as any other type of worship
I participate in.

the open road beckons
new sights
new sounds
new smells
new people...

three wheels move this body.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my new blog

http://2wheelhighway.blogspot.com/
Marg (LD)