Sunday, March 01, 2009

Liar! Liar! Pants on Fire!

While the visit with the blister is turning out to be a much more positive thing than I'd anticipated (so far, that is, I'm not after all delusional LoL)

I've different issues on my mind.....

Don't you just hate liars?
















My grandmother used to say.... "if you are going to be a liar then be a damn good one...cos it's only time till you get caught"


she also said...

"people who lie should get to know themselves cos they are destined to spend a lot of time alone"

Telling little lies to or about people sets a precedence that makes the liar untrustworthy...telling a lie and then blaming the person you originally lied to continues to show a serious lack of morals

the definition of "moral" is:
1. of, pertaining to, or concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct or the distinction between right and wrong; ethical: moral attitudes.
2. expressing or conveying truths or counsel as to right conduct, as a speaker or a literary work; moralizing: a moral novel.
3. founded on the fundamental principles of right conduct rather than on legalities, enactment, or custom: moral obligations.
4. capable of conforming to the rules of right conduct: a moral being.
5. conforming to the rules of right conduct (opposed to immoral ): a moral man.
6. virtuous in sexual matters; chaste.
7. of, pertaining to, or acting on the mind, feelings, will, or character: moral support.
8. resting upon convincing grounds of probability; virtual: a moral certainty.
–noun
9. the moral teaching or practical lesson contained in a fable, tale, experience, etc.
10. the embodiment or type of something.
11. morals, principles or habits with respect to right or wrong conduct.

as I get older I often wonder how liars look at themselves in the mirror

are they so ignorant of themselves that they don't realize that each and every lie they tell diminishes them?

are they so very unaware of what telling a lie does to their integrity?

having a reputation as a liar makes the person seem disloyal and devious and if you are deemed
disloyal or devious with your words some of the time....how can people believe you or trust you the rest of the time

do they think it doesn't matter?
are they so sure of their ability to manipulate people that they think it won't matter?
do they not see the patterns of self destruction in their own lives?

Over the past year I’ve learned that when my purported friends lie to me and hurt me I have to hold them accountable. Their response to that accountability is what makes or breaks the friendship.

If my friendship means so little to you that you would lie and then blame it on me…apparently I’m in fool for believing in you and standing up for you when others have doubted you in the past.

You only get the opportunity to make a fool out of me once. I'd rather spend my time alone and have no friends than be lied to.

No Joke.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"I'd rather spend my time alone and have no friends than be lied to."

Amen!!