Sunday, August 30, 2009

Facebook & Twitter vs blogging

seems to me
that FB & Twitter
are killing the blog empire


that's blog not borg LoL

many people that I've read for years
have given up the fine art of blogging
of telling a story
of expression of self
for the quick gratification
of posting one or two sentence
status updates
for all and sundry

people around the world come off
as wordy and pithy
by simply posting wee tiny tidbits
of prose or profundity

without havin to work
to purvey an original thought
they just post a little
something to whet the appetite
of the masses of "friends"
they have listed

but wait....
maybe that's it!

maybe it's so much work
to come up with a couple of sentences
that look or sound profound

that the very act of blogging
is just way too much like work
for them

maybe it's too hard to create a paragraph
after spending all that time
updating status' from work?

for me
there's plenty afoot in my life
but I've been threatened
more than once
by people that I find unsavory
unethical or just plain mean
people who profess to be
too good to read
but come all the time...
(did ya think I wouldn't notice?)

so I can't (for the moment)
address my important life issues
in here


but when the tide is out
and this wave passes

you watch me go!

and in the meantime
I too will be
one of those
that just sounds profound
one sentence at a time
on FB or Twitter.

2 comments:

ALF said...

I enjoy reading your blog and appreciate the effort you put into it.

Anonymous said...

Karen,
I too love your blog and understand that you can't post everything. I'll wait, but I'm only an email or phone call away.
Judy