Saturday, March 13, 2010

Mayhem abounds

the thing about puppies
is that they are kinda like children

they whine constantly
to get your attention
but are unable to
really tell you
what it is they want

it's been my experience
that when small children
are excessively quiet
something is afoot

puppies
are much this same

I awoke early today
and as I'd forgotten
to plug in the dishwasher last night
I had to wait for it to run
before I could make coffee

Pixie - as per most mornings
was zippin around here
like the very devil
is on her tail

this is a practice
that takes place
most mornings
for about the first
half hour
after she gets outta the pen

I sit down at the computer
and start my morning
of checking in
FB, BDB, Delphi, AR,
THP, THB, OFOPOS...etc
and the 60 er so blogs
I check daily

I find out that an online friend
of many years
passed away of a massive heart attack
on the 1st of March
and I was so self absorbed
that I'd not noticed.
~R.I.P Squanto - you will be missed~

that makes me sad.

about an hour later I get up
to make coffee
and Pixie comes into the kitchen
with me to get her
morning treat/chewy bone
(thanks Louie...you and Booker
started this one LoL)

so about an half hour later
I'm sipping coffee and still
perusing the www
when it occurs to me
I've not heard a peep
outta Pixie
in about 25 min

that can't be good


I look in all her favorite haunts
behind the toilet in the bathroom
behind the couch
in her crate in the kitchen
under the afghan on the couch
no Pixie

CRAP!
did I leave the door open
do I have to get dressed
and go outside to look for her?

I head to the bedroom
to find my pants
flip on the light
and look at my bed

there's this huge pile
of white fluff
where my pillow used to live

and the pile of white fluff
has a pair of tiny black ears
peeking out at me

yup
not one
but 2 almost full
boxes of tissue
from my bedside table
are completely shredded
into itty bitty peices
like confetti
and piled lovingly
on my pillow
by one small
black n tan
shredding machine

as I approach the bed
she jumps up
and wiggles at me
as if to say
"Look what I did for you momma
ain't you proud"

"ya I am sweetheart..
but I'm also gonna have
to wipe my nose
and my weepy peepers
on my nightdress
till I can make it to the store
to buy more tissue"

2 comments:

Louie said...

hehe, what a charmer. We need to get you a camera for these kodak moments. As for the g'morning stick/song /dance I have Cathy's 16 year old dog doing it now.
Sign me Louie, spreading the joy....

Arlenes Assinine Ravings said...

hehehe she was trying to make it easy for you mom by putting the tissue on your pillow so it will be nice and soft and absorbant