Monday, March 01, 2010

Unhappy Camper..

what the hell is it
about life

that allows you
these little teases

about things getting better

and then kicks ya
in the freakin teeth?


don't get me wrong
there's lots of stuff
in my life

that is very good

and I'm not complaining
about
my life in general...

but periodically

I get frustrated
by
my perceptions of fairness

I have this wee dog

who is truly a light
in my life

but because she's so small

it's gonna cost me big bucks

to have her spayed

but I'm gonna do it

cos I'm committed to her health


yesterday
the VOD surprises me
with a check
for the full amount

for the spaying
How Cool Is That?


so I went to bed last night

feeling rather optimistic

about the state of my life


I wake up at 4 AM

my eyes are in full flare
(I have an eye disease
called Map Dot Fingerprint Dystrophy)

I start socking the medicine
to them at 4

and by socking it in every 15 min

between 4 and 8
I make it to work by 9


I call the opthamalogical surgeon's office

to find out about the pending eye surgery

(said eye surgery is the same one
people
get to stop wearing glasses)

I talk to his MOA

she says that I have to find out
who'll pay for it

before it can be booked


I call our health plan from work

they don't cover it

cos they consider it cosmetic

I tell them it isn't cosmetic

and I don't care
if I have to wear glasses

till the day I die

I just want the pain to stop


they reiterate
"it's considered cosmetic

and not covered"


so I call our provincial health office

wait on hold for a full hour

and get to speak to a woman

who says they consider it cosmetic

and therefore won't cover it


I tell them it isn't cosmetic

and I don't care
if I have to wear glasses

till the day I die
I just want the pain to stop


she reiterates
"it's considered cosmetic

and not covered"

so I get off the phone

and make the mistake

of looking the surgery up

on line

$1000.00 to $1500.00 per peeper


I'm going to have to

take out a personal loan

to get my eye's fixed

at a time when
I'm as
cash strapped
as I've ever been in my life.


what the hell
was I thinking

getting excited
about the prospect

of feeling better?


it's just not in the damn cards apparently.

No comments: