Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Full Moon Crazies

here's another thing - you may think I'm nuts
but here goes

today is Sept 5
on Sept 7 we have a full moon

during the period around the full moon
people have a tendency to get the "full moon crazies"
hence the term "baying at the moon"

people working in hospitals and bars batten down the hatches around the full moon
and it's been proven that their work loads increase significantly
people who are normally happy and able to deal with stress, drink too much, don't sleep, don't eat or over eat and get basically kinda frantic

it is my belief as a Wiccan that we women have a closer connection to the moon than most people recognize
more women in the world will get their menses this week
more women will be emotional this week
and if there is gonna be a tidal type mother nature issue in the world it always happens around the full moon
PMS suffers commit crimes around the full moon - there is a direct correlation between women finally getting away in one form or another from abusive spouse during the full moon
and people with "bad nerves" come unglued around the full moon

if you don't want to take tranquillizers or sleep meds - how about going to the health food store and buying some St John's Wort and melatonin

Melatonin will assist your sleeping and St John's Wort works really well for anxiety - you just can't take it if you are on heart or blood pressure meds and they are all natural!

ok - the witch in me will shut up now

talk amoungst yerselves

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you also know that if you talk to a health care practitionar they will tell you it's been proven that when ocean tides are running higher than normal due to the gravitational pull of the moon (moon passes closer ta th' earth causing the higher or lower than normal tides ya know) that most women will have heavier than normal menstral cycles.
No matter how much we try an remove ourselves from Mother Nature, she always makes her prescense known in the subtle ways - if we know how to read her sign.

That Girl Tam said...

I prefer Valerian Root for sleep...

Go here to read about funnel cake!

WyzWmn© said...

Valerian root!
I forgot about Valerian...

and
funnel cake
that could be my new best friend!

That Girl Tam said...

I use St. John's Wort to keep from kiling my family while I have PMS! And Melatonin makes me feel crazy and unrested so I switched to Valerian.

Funnel cake is the BEST!!! Google is and you'll find recipes!! I totally think I'm gonna try and make some!!