Friday, September 22, 2006

I'm home sick

and....
I am surrounded by idiots

I am home sick from work
have been all week
actually
I got sick last Thursday night
so my weekend away

was mostly spent sick in bed

the policy where I work
is that you have to call in
every morning that you will not make it in

I have a “special dispensation from the Pope” to cover my illness’
the “special dispensation” is an Employee Relations policy
so that when I get sick I don’t lose my job

I also have a new supervisor
who is the king of “make it up as you go along”

so for 3 years
whenever I’m sick I call in sick
and I call ER to “activate” my special dispensation for that day
and for 3 years this has been good enough
and for 3 years I have not once “abused” the privilege

so much so that at one point the ER person I deal with
suggested that we "cancel" my special dispensation
cos I wasn't using it
but I said no
cos when I get sick
I am good and sick
and such is life with a compromised immune system

anyway....

today the new supervisor calls me
wakes me up from a stone cold sleep
cos I was up all night coughing till I throw up
coughing till I wet myself
or coughing till my head blows off

and he informs me that he requires that I have a
note from a dr to cover my time off from work


WTF?

After 3 years of employment this putz wants
to infer to the general public that I am
taking advantage of the policy
I don’t think so!


this fucktard
has pissed off
the wrong sick woman

Film at 11

No comments: