Friday, April 11, 2008

hmmmmmmmm

I had dinner with some friends last night
yes
you know who you are

they gave me a bit of a lecture
about how it's been almost a week
since I've posted in here....

today would be a day to catch up
as Hysteria is working from home

so...first
the guy that smashed my truck
seems to be unemployed
so I guess I can kiss the rest of the money
he owes me
goodbye
in a valiant attempt
to make my cup half full
at least I got some of it
cos I almost didn't

I didn't post in here
that I'd purchased a new car
during my week off
I bought a 2008 Yaris
during that week I was off
and it's a little Ladybug...
but the "new car smell" is killing me

during the week off
I had quite the convo with the bother
about how I just can't live next door
to the VOD and wait for her to die
I just can not do it
as a result
he's had a talk with her
and she is starting to respect
some of the boundaries I've been
trying to establish
over the last 10 years

which, of course
begs the question
why does she listen to the bother
and not me?
but hell
beggars can't be choosers

and truly
I had no idea
how much my feelings
of being trapped
was locked into
my feelings of obligation
because of her car

and altho many of you
told me so
the purchase of the car
has been freeing on a level
I surely didn't expect

funnily enough
it's been freeing
on a financial level

my first large purchase
since circumstances
beyond my control
aka that dirtbag Danny
forced me into bankruptcy
and shame
10 years ago

so...maybe it's the sunshine
and maybe it's that at almost 53
I've taken another small step
towards being an adult

I feel better.

oh
and Bear?
it's isn't a fucking tumor brother
it's sciatica
so SNAP OUTTA IT!
and don't forget to loosen the tinfoil in yer hat!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new car. Have a fab day, my friend.

Adelle