Saturday, April 05, 2008

"It's a poor day...

when ya don't learn something"

remember that old adage?

so here's what I've learned recently....

ya get what you pay for...

seems like a pretty simple lesson
but sometimes
I'm a little on the thick side
and have to be force fed
a lesson....

so
if ya go cheap and buy a blender
that has a plastic bottle
and ya live next door
to the VOD
who is completely enamored
with the dry cycle on the dishwasher
the bottle can melt
and change shape

and say ya take that plastic bottle
outta the dishwasher
and put a cup of juice
a banana
a cup of frozen berries
a cup of yogurt
into the plastic bottle
slap on the lid
hit the high button
and walk away

you get fruit smoothie
all over the fucking kitchen!

I'm talkin...alllllllllllllllll over
under the cupboards
on the cupboard doors
on the stove
on the fridge
even on the damn ceiling!

and
if you know that you'll be
late for work if you stay home
to clean up the mess
you leave it and hope for the best

so when you're talkin to the VOD
that morning
and she suggests
that she'll go over
and clean it up for you
but she forgets

you get home
to fruit smoothie
cement
everywhere....

it took a knife
a spatula
and a gallon er 9
of hot water
to clean that mess up
and I found the lid
to said cheap blender
on top of one of the upper cupboards
next to the teapot collection
(that, I might add...needed
to be cleaned anyway!)

yup
ya get what ya pay for!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been there done that.
One Thanksgiving in my early days as a domesticated goddess, I thought I would be real smart and make gravy. Of course forgot everything I ever learned in my chemistry and physics classes. (and forget home economics). I took hot meat drippings, some flour and a liquid and I poured it into a plastic Tupperware milkshake shaker. Thinking of course, that would be the quickest way to shake (this was prior to all the new gadgets being on the market). Popped the plastic lid on top of the of everything and I SHOOK.... well you know the old adage about how heat expands.....:-)
I was cleaning for days.......................

That Girl Tam said...

LMAO!!!

Well...I guess this is a good reason why I don't use my blender much...and when I DO, I wash by hand. My SIL has melted a GANG of my plastic juice pitchers in the DW, til I pointed out that she should try washing them by hand so I can stop replacing them!

I can just imagine the look on your face when you got home!