Saturday, April 12, 2008

I couldn't give a shit!

I wonder why it is
that I just can't seem
to give a shit
what my house looks like?

I mean
really?
I don't care...

I've seen all my friends
hustle and bustle
around their homes
to make things nice
and I can't seem to give a shit

I'd rather do nothing
than make pretty

is it cos I've been sick for so long?
that I know something has to give
so I just let the housework go
so I dont' have to give up
other parts of my life?

or is that just my excuse?

could it be that I'm lazy?
that I just couldn't give a shit

every night before
and as
I go to bed
my head is busy making lists
of all the stuff I need to do
tomorrow
clean the soap skum
offa the bathroom walls
plug in the dishwasher
wash the trike
vaccuum the livingroom
dust every little thang....

and every morning
I get up
and say to myself
"what was it
that was sooooo damn important
that I couldnt' get to sleep last night?"

and every single morning
I shrug....
and move on into my day

cos I couldn't give a shit!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you trying to freak out Suzie? LOL

Anonymous said...

Okay.. besides the fact that when people come over to your house it's to see you, not your housekeeping skills (did I really need to say that???? ) here are some pointers. #1 - all the side tables get lil table cloths: this saves dusting because all you have to do is grab the clothes once a week and launder them. #2 - Paper plates: That means no dishes. #3 - a collection of 5 to 6 Get Well cards on the mantle or table: This way people won't say anything because they don't want to insult someone who has been ill. #4 - A wet/dry rhoumba - It'll vacuum while you're out on your trike in the dry cycle. Then return to empty the dust pan from vacuuming the carpet, fill it with water and it will wash the kitchen floor while you're out on another ride.
#6 - As people come in to visit hand them cleaning implements and ask them if they want to clean: When they say "No!" take back the cleaning implements with the response "Well, niether do I! Have a seat!"
Case closed. *angelic look*

LD