Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sometimes....

There are times
when I watch
other admin professionals
that work here

wander the hallways
go for coffee
stop and have conversations

and I am overwhelmed
with an urge
for a job
that doesn’t involve
the kind of frenzied nature
that we have here

and then I wake up
cos I know that would bore me

It’s not even
a case
of "the grass is always greener..."

I’d just like
one or two days a month
where we could not have a list
of “stuff”
that needs urgent attention!

that would be nice on occasion
and not because I’d like to be lazy…

I used to think
when I left the call center
to work at an institution
of higher learning
that I would
never again
work at that kind of
monitored
frenzied pace

Now I think
that my work at the call center
just prepared me for
and set me up for
some success’
here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been so frazzled at work lately due to chaos that reigns there. It works despite itself, but it is wearing thin on me.
So, I was really glad to see your post. I like the old adage...(and I may have taken creative license here)that panic on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on mine.....
I'm contemplating a mini retirement soon if things dont improve. Its just taking that LEAP of faith

WyzWmn© said...

@West Coaster.....

I sooo get that...

I dream of the mini retirement...but I'm the only income in my house...so no early or mini retirement for me!

that's why I work sooo hard to find the humor in what I'm doing...I fail often...but a girl's gotta try!