Sunday, January 25, 2009

a little voice

there's a little voice
inside me
that says
over and over...

"I just wish this would all go away"

I do just wish it had never happened

but it did
and I can not retain my basic personal beliefs
if I do not fight
tooth and nail
for what I believe to be right
I can not live in a vacuum
nor can I stand by and watch the people
I care about
be set up for a fall as well....

the definition of friendship varies
dependent upon whom you ask...

at dictionary.com it is this:
Friend"ship\, n. [AS. fre['o]ndscipe. See Friend, and -ship.]

1. The state of being friends; friendly relation, or attachment, to a person, or between persons; affection arising from mutual esteem and good will; friendliness; amity; good will.

There is little friendship in the world. --Bacon.

There can be no friendship without confidence, and no confidence without integrity. --Rambler.

Preferred by friendship, and not chosen by sufficiency. --Spenser.

2. Kindly aid; help; assistance, [Obs.]

Some friendship will it [a hovel] lend you gainst the tempest. --Shak.

3. Aptness to unite; conformity; affinity; harmony; correspondence. [Obs.]

Those colors . . . have a friendship with each other. --Dryden.

the real definition of friendship for me involves love and respect and loyalty
it involves trust and faith and honor
it involves integrity and strength of character and confidence in someone
and it involves emotion
it's all of that and more

I've lost too many people that professed to be my friends
by breaches of any number (and/or all) of these items

Far too many
to not want to fight
for the one's I have left

Peace.

2 comments:

Mrs Flam said...

I may not be a friend , but I hope someday to be. I am a new reader.
I am sorry life sucks. Wish I could make it better , but I know I cant.

Time alone will

Leon1234 said...

Great poem! Thank you.