Tuesday, December 22, 2009

....may holler...

so I had to go back to my GP's office today
cos we'd miscalculated about my meds lasting
until mid Jan
after my next set of blood work
so I had to go in for scripts

I'd not actually seen him
since the fiasco at the Diabetes Clinic
where I was supposed to see a dietitian
and get a glucose meter
and the twit running the thing
treated me like an infant
and then yelled at me in front of a bunch o people

"am I boring you?" she yells

cos I had my eyes closed
those'd be the eyes that have a disease
and react poorly to strong/bright light
over an extended period of time...

"I have an eye disease" I say to her

and she starts harrumphing
and goes on to tell me
that I'm not really a diabetic

"my Dr says I am" I says

"well yer not" she says...

things went straight downhill from there...
when I came out of the diabetes clinic
I called my GP
as I was somewhat less than impressed
*ahem*

so the GP is away on holidays
and the locum is one I've met before
very nice
quiet little fellow
wouldn't say shit
if he had a mouthful

he comes in the door
and places my file on the desk
he opens the top cover of the file
reads, nods and takes a really big breath
and then looks at me
all t
repidacious

"what can I do for you today?"
he asks

"I just need refills for my scripts" I say

"Oh" - he says exhaling hugely

he opens the file to find the list
and while he's looking
my eyes land on a sticky note
on the inside cover of my file
left there specifically
by my Dr
as instructions
for the quiet guy
taking his place
whilst he's away on holidays

the sticky reads
"May holler"
in my Dr's handwriting.

The VOD
and
the Blister
find this hysterically funny

me?
....not so much.

4 comments:

Louie said...

I'm with the VOD and the Blister, very funny.
May Holler, Wyz's southern name...hehe

Arlenes Assinine Ravings said...

hahahahaha You holler You ?????? what were they thinking????

Unknown said...

Ha ha...you holler....never!!!

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the time when I saw note on my chart after having our first born. "Emotionally unstable" yeah right doc...YOU go through 36 hours of hard labour and tell me your emotions are in check. Odd thing, about a decade later, the doc committed suicide. Hmmmmm...