Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Dweeb Hats

so last night
on my way home from work
I had to stop
to pick up a carpet
for the VOD
she was having
her living room area rug
cleaned
and they called to say it was ready

I got there about 5:15pm

and they close at 5:30
so I was cutting it close
and of course
by 5:15pm at this time of year
it's dark outside

I'm wearing 4 layers
and one of my many wool hats
cos hey! it cold and I'm bald

the hat I'm wearing is fleece lined
and has ear flaps and a pom pom

so I walk into the carpet cleaning place
and I walk up to the counter
the clerk is standing
with her back to me
likely doing her day end deposit
and I feel a twinge of guilt
around the fact that I'm likey
about to make her change it all

she, with her back still to me
says "I'll be right with you"

I says "take yer time...I'm just gonna
stand here under this heat vent"

she says" ya....it's so cold this year
I had to go out and buy one of them dweeb hats"

I say "dweeb hats?"

and she says "you know? the one's with the
ear flaps and the pom poms"

and then she turns around

LoL

at least she had the good grace
to blush

I laughed all the way to the VOD's

No comments: