Saturday, February 27, 2010

Once upon a time...

I lived with a man
that was jealous
of my time on the computer
or of the books I read
so much so
that he'd unplug the modem
when I wasn't looking
and throw novels in the fireplace
and burn em

I got rid of him

seems I now have a puppy
with the same
way of thinking
she's bound and determined
to get between me
and whatever I'm doing

when I sit at the computer
she scratches at my leg
and whimpers
till I pay attention
and if I don't pick her up
she'll run around
to the other side
and scratch the other leg!

if I try to read a book
she'll stand between my eyes
and my book
so I can't read
or try to chew the pages
and just all round be a nuisance
by head butting my face...

jealous little tart!
but I love her
so I won't get rid of her LoL

No comments: