Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Angel Eyes

I have a question

last night I was flipping channels
and came across part of a movie

called Angel Eyes
starring Jennifer Lopez

not my usual cup of tea
but when I flipped on to the channel

she and the lead male character
were in a jazz club waltzing...
and he ends up getting up on stage
and playing this beautiful trumpet/horn piece
accompanied by a flutist.

I have searched high and low
and can't find the name of the piece.
I did find out that the music
was not played by the actor
but likely by a Toronto Jazz musician named Nick "Brownman" Ali...

anyone have any idea where else I could look? or better yet
what it was called and who played it?

2 comments:

Inua ~ phaze said...

incredible,
that is EXACTLY how I found or heard Nature boy, exactly. I have been searching for the song ever since, I do not want to buy the album and Itunes and not selling the single.

did you get it eventually?
can you by any chance email it to me?

Inua

WyzWmn© said...

@ Inua

do a search for "nature boy - John Hassell and Ronu Majumdar - turns out I was wrong - it wasn't Nick Ali...