Sunday, April 17, 2005

color me nuts

the deal with the birthday present is that I get it
and send the sister the bill

so

I drove into Future Shop
twice
honest

but I get there

and start actually talking money
my eyes glaze over
and I get all shaky
I guess I'm a lost cause

the ipod I like is not 349.99 it's 439.99
the Ipod mini is 249.99
but it only holds 1500 songs...
and I'm already there
so the one that I thought was 349.99 is actually 379.99 and has 20 gb....

I got real close to getting one and then......

"but hey there's the battery thing" says the clerk

I go "what battery thing?"

she says "the 20 gb is 379.99 and the battery play time lasts about 5hrs....but the new ones are 30gb and the battery lasts 18 hrs...and has a color screen and you can load photos on it too....but you don't have to worry about replacing the battery for at least a year to a year and a half...and a new one is only 158.00 and you have to send it to Apple to get that done....unless you buy one of our extended warranty packages because with one of them it means that when the battery goes it's our problem not yours"

"so you have to pay to replace the batteries?"

oh ya"

she says at which point I left the store
turns out I can't do it
I just can't frivolously spend someone else's money on something that expensive
when I know that both of us could put the money to better use...

christ Kelly...
you just had surgery...
you ain't even working right now....

thanks Kelly
I love you right to death
but
I am apparently too frugal for my own fucking good

No comments: