Sunday, April 17, 2005

Family - Go Figure?

Every once in a while they surprise ya
don't they?
my kid sister called me early this morning
to tell me that seein as I'm cracking a half century this year
she's gonna purchase the ipod of my dreams for me for my birthday

cos I'm too cheap to get one for myself
I can always find something more important to spend that money on...
like....
hmmmmm...
I don't know?
groceries?
rent?
unimportant stuff like that there

so altho I'm not turning 50 till the end of July
she wants me to get it now

so that I can have it for the full riding season

and the only payoff she wants
is to be able to hear me say out loud
I'm 50


at which point she giggles like a little kid
what a kid eh? (she's only 42)
I am all farklempt

and if yer looking for me today
I'll be standing in line at Future Shop
waiting for them to unlock the door!

and Kelly....
I"M GONNA BE 50 JULY 28 2005!

No comments: