Tuesday, April 24, 2007

What is it about people?

what is it about people
that makes them
need to get
all autocratic
and snooty
with others?
what
could be missing
from their lives
to make them
need to get their
jollies
by crapping on others?

case in point
today I attended a meeting
there were about 30 people present
one of the people there
holds the food contract
where I work....

now it seems to me
that if I was contracted
on a yearly basis
to provide service
to a group of people
or an institution
I'd be working on
service with a smile
to guarandamntee
that my contract continued
beyond this year

so I sat thru
45 minutes of this woman
tearing strips offa people
cos they didn't have
their stuff done (ordered) at least
2 weeks in advance

now I get that
when providing a service
that you can't do all on your own
you have to hire staff
and schedule them
but realistically
in an institution
this size

2 weeks?

if that was the way
things always operated
she'd have no service to provide
cos shyte happens
at the last minute
all the damn time

and having come from the
food industry
(once upon a time)
I know that you can get
almost any kind of food
you need
delivered to your kitchen
the day before...

so what's up with that?

and hell
the ladies in my whole department
(except for me cos I'm the early bird)
operates on the
"never do today

what you can possibly put off
till the last minute" theory

but that's cos we operate on
a cost recovery model
and we are always waiting
till the last minute
to see if we get
more butts in seats!

and really?
what kind of nuclear physicist does it take
to arrange coffee for 25?

I just don't get people....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pic makes your words pop, good choice of self pic. LOL

WyzWmn© said...

Liar
Liar
Pants on Fire!