Monday, September 24, 2007

Smashed Pickle

so
as if I didn't have enough stress yesterday
what with announcing my departure
from my riding club of 5 years
(I thank all 217 of you that emailed me
and I promise to get responses to you
in some form or another
as soon as I collect myself)

but for further excitement...
a drunk in my building hit my trike
in the parking lot
and estimates so far is that it could be
anything from 2000.00 to 6000.00
in damages

I could weep
if I wasn't drugged to the eyeballs
goddess bless nerve pills!

so the cops came
tracked down the culprit
and he has committed to
paying for the damage
which seems to be
rebuilding the fiberglass form
that houses my trike
and painting my "used to be
completely original antique paint job"
*sigh*

but me...I'm not so trusting
and a worry wart
I'm sure the guy will try to squelch
and I'll end up with another
big bill to pay.....

I have a guy coming Sat
to give me an estimate
and we'll see what happens from there

it was funny though
put a police car
in the parking lot
of a building
half full of seniors
and they all show up
in their "house dresses"
giving the cop
CSI tips
LoL

who says ya can't learn
from TV?
5 years ago the general population
didn't know from bupkus
about crime scene investigation
and yesterday one of the 85 yr old ladies
powered up her walker
to go inside and get her digital camera
cos the cop wouldn't likely have one
good enough!

they made my day!
well them and all those people
coming outta the woodwork
via email....

No comments: