Saturday, November 08, 2008

the fadder

is in town
and staying with
the cuz n family

I stopped by there
for about 15 min
after work yesterday
but I was so beat
I couldn't stay

anyway...in that 15 min
the fadder told me twice
that he really loved being
at the cuz's house

that he felt both
wanted and needed there
and that it was really nice
to feel needed as opposed
to being invisible
or detested
the way the bother's new
girlfriend treats him

he just seemed so
sad and lost

my face leaked for him
alla way home

imagine being 76 yrs old
having just ended a 10 yr
relationship
whereby he got fucked
right up the yak
by said ex
to move into a travel trailer
in the bother's yard
and to be treated like a pariah?

just the very fact that
he's her boyfriend's fadder
ought to garner him
some respect
or the fact that he's 76 yrs old

but no

sometimes it makes me
fightin mad
and sometimes it makes
me so god damn sad
all I can do is weep

I just don't get people
I just don't.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

It always amazes me how the elderly garner so little respect from younger people, even family members. Its like they are a burden rather than a source for advise and interesting stories. It is the Western way...

Unknown said...

My main goal in life was to raise the kids and end up with healthy happy offspring, hopefully with no mass murderers in the lot ;0) They are pretty much growed up now - past the point of listening to Da anyway ;0)

My new goal for the future (hopefully wayy future) is to become a grampa that the gandbebbees are excited to visit or have a visit from :0)

I sure feel for yer Dad - the situation has to be really wrenching his guts, and that's not good for anyone let alone elders :0/