Sunday, May 03, 2009

Castrato - Libera

in the 1700's there was a practice of castrating young men in hopes of preserving the beauty of their voices into their adulthood

I've never understood how people could do something so vile

today, from my kitchen, I heard the voice of angels on my television

I'm not much of a believer in the faith of Christians...but in my minds eye
this is what the term "Chorus of Angels" must be....and for the first time I understood the yearning to keep that sound available forever...

unbelievably beautiful voices...


the group is called "Libera"
they are a group of some 40 odd boys from various backgrounds in England...they've been rotating voices in and out of the chorale since 1984 - and this clip simply doesn't do them justice....


1 comment:

Arlenes Assinine Ravings said...

It always amazes me the great stuff you find!!