Monday, May 25, 2009

I had forgotten...

I truly had forgotten
what it was like
to spend some time
without the games

to spend time with people
you trust to not lie to you
or play games with you
or go behind your back
or exclude you ...
just because you don't agree
with them

I've just had 5 fabulous days
of no anxiety
no stress
no personal agendas
no bullshit
and huge amounts of laughter

I saw old friends
renewed acquaintances
watched new and giddy love...
(you know who you are...LoL)
received sage advice
and overall realized the importance
of spending my time
doing what I need to do
for me...as opposed to trying
to do for the majority
and to damn the double speak

5 full days without having to watch my back
to see who's knife was gonna get lodged there

what more can a girl ask for?

3 comments:

Louie said...

Icecream!!! hehe

Wade said...

I wish I could've been there... sounds like it was a great long weekend from all reports!

Anonymous said...

You SO deserved it, and I hope for you there are many more times like this to come