Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Reality Shows

puzzle me

I don't get the attraction
of racing home of an evening
to be on time for to watch
Survivor

or Big Brother
or So You Think You Can Dance...

I get so embarrassed for people
that I often can't watch...
I have to change the channel

and I find myself thinking
"have you no pride...
that you'd subject your meager or non
talent to these masses for ridicule?...."

I get that they want so very badly
to have something
in their lives
that they'd embarrass themselves
on international tv
for a chance at a brief moment of fame
but jeeez eh?

however...
every once in a while
there's the wee surprise eh?

Kelly Clarkson

Paul Potts

Susan Boyle

Kellie Pickler


tonight I found myself
caught up
in America's got Talent
and there are 2 singers
that just blew me away....
and made me realize
how much this one opportunity
could make the lives
of these individuals

Kevin Skinner


Lawrence Beaman


what a difference a reality show
could make in these 2 very talented men's lives

No comments: