Friday, September 25, 2009

Luck of the Draw


















did you ever wonder

what exactly it was
that you did
to make yer life
turn out
the way it has?

the VOD says
it's the
Luck of the Draw

I'm thinkin she may be right

in my life time
I've known some pretty nice
and some pretty not so nice people

I've known some
full on sociopaths
and some
that are down right saintly

I've lived a hard life
in the past....

and I think sometimes
that in doing so
I set myself up
to be able to handle
all this bad health
now....

cos really?
what's a hard life do
more than
make you appreciate
the good
and make you patient?
(if you live through it)

so how is it
that I'm still here?

Luck of the Draw.
plain and simple

any one of the
shady people I've known
coulda offed me
at any time
well really?
a couple have actually tried

hell
I probably tried
myself...
subconsciously

as a result
I don't take threats lightly
I don't suffer fools,
drunks, liars or philanderers well

after all this time
I've ended up
with a hell of a sardonic
sense of humour
and a personality
that people have
sometimes called Wyz


I don't know me...?
I think the VOD
may be on to something

and it's simply
Luck of the Draw.

1 comment:

Louie said...

Luck of the draw, and a sharp stick I think. Supposedly we are what we project. I dunno about that, I think all we can do is try to lessen our reaction to things and let the chips fall where the higher power was gonna put them anyway.
Oh, and eat lots of candy.