Wednesday, September 02, 2009

This is the VOD...

this is the VOD on crack

well - not really
but sometimes I wonder

a mth ago
the last time I went to the fadder's
I decided to go back up to Fanny Bay
for the long weekend

I was delighted when my boss
decided I could take Friday as a holiday day
thereby making it a 4 day long weekend!

so at that time I suggested to the VOD
that she should come too
and visit with the bother again

and since that time
we have spoken at least once a day on the subject
and she has changed her mind
literally
daily
if not
twice a day

so finally I pin her down yesterday
and she says that the bother isn't gonna be home
for the weekend
and I should go on my own

I call the bother and he confirms
that he likely won't be home

this is ok!
this means I can leave right from work

so I have to pack my car up in the morning
to avoid the 1/2 hr drive back home
to pick up gear
at the end of the day
no big
but requires some organization

so all day long today
I'm making lists in my head
lists to go along with the work ones
cos our big seasonal launch happens
in part tomorrow
and in part on the 11th

but also
cos the PTB have decided
to paint our office
so we have to have everything
boxed up to be moved
by the end of my shift tomorrow

and when I come back
I'll be working out of an empty office
elsewhere on our floor for a couple of days
while the painting is completed

anyhooo
I'm driving home from work tonight
once more going over the list in my head
for taking away for the weekend
and my cell phone rings

guess who?

apparently the bother was here for half the day
and has now talked her into
going up for the weekend with me
but he's only going to be home on Fri and Sat
and then he's coming down here
cos the nefew is moving back
to attend his 2nd year of U

so on Sunday he'll be driving down with the kid
and now she doesn't know if she should make
me drive all the way home to pick her up
for just 2 days

gak!
I suggest she can come back down with him on Sat
and she's all concerned about how hard it will be on him
hell - he does that to see his latest girlfriend!

I guess a 3 hour drive
seems like a tough haul when yer 80
sheesh!
I don't see it getting any easier tho...

ya just gotta laugh
no?

2 comments:

Louie said...

Hysterically laughing on your behalf.

Anonymous said...

You know....there is a comedy skit in all of this....somewhere....
Enjoy your trip up despite...