Wednesday, January 20, 2010

the VOD strikes again

so
the VOD needs a bone scan
so she can have her back
crazy glued

a week ago she asked
if it happens on a Tues
can I please take her
cos the bother has
inventory every Tues
of 2 of his stores

I say ya...but only if
it's on a Tues.

she phones me Monday
and asks if I can take the day off
and take her in for it on Friday

I assume that means that
something has come up
and that the bother can't make it

I ask the boss
and cos I'm a one of where I work
I double up on the work
to get 5 full days of work
done in 4 days
and book Friday off

tonight she tells me
that the bother
the "golden boy"
will be down Friday PM
to take her to the bank

so why did I take the day off?
cos it's too early to expect
the golden child to be here

fact: I've driven that silly old woman
to every Dr appt, bank, grocery and liquor store
for 12 fucking years

fact: the golden boy owns his own
mutha fuckin business and has
managers in place
so he can leave when he wants

fact: when I suggest that maybe
the golden boy should hie his loppy arse
down here to take her to the hospital
she gets all pissy with me
cos I'm "so mean to the golden boy
and he's come all the way down here
to take care of her
when no one else would"

fact: the golden boy has only
been puttin in appearances
for a year

and still - she's not got hammered
and threatened to piss herself in his car!

and while I'm on a fuckin rant here
why did I just spend $500.00
that I didn't have to spare
gettin a computer and accoutrement
for her
and now she says I'll have to wait to set it up
cos the golden boy is comin?

don'tcha just love family??

some days I really really really
wish I could drink.

No comments: